Re: ESWC 2011- 2nd CfP: Workshop on User Profile Data on the Social Semantic Web (UWeb)

From: Lukas Huemer <lukas_huemer@gmx.at>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 08:12:12 +0100
To: public-social-web-talk@w3.org
I think this is a very interesting and current topic - so the workshop would be great (and even the location Heraklion).

I think the privacy problem with collected data in the web should become more public because lot’s of people doesn’t care. Most of them know that Google collects data, Facebook collects data but they think these data isn’t important.

But we also leave fingerprints on many other sites: if you do shopping at http://www.amazon.com, play poker at http://www.bwin.com or for example bid at http://www.ebay.com.
So what if some can combine all the data from one person of all the different platforms? They would know a lot from the person…