The Social Networking Mess: Why we need the Social Web

From: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:22:21 +0200
To: foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org, foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org, social-discuss <social-discuss@nongnu.org>, public-social-web-talk@w3.org
Hi,

I just put a short 10 min video up covering the social networking problems, from Robert Scoble getting thrown of Facebook to the Data Portability movement, then show what that movement fails to solve - the Panopticon problem - and explain how the Social Web opens up a space for these problems to be solved.

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=994DvSJZyww

I will next be working on developing a few more videos where I will go into more technical details of how it works.

Hope that makes things clearer.

	Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/