Re: Pre-Telecon Introductions

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 06:32:04 -0400
Cc: public-social-web-talk@w3.org
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org

Le 3 mai 2009 à 11:57, Harry Halpin a écrit :
> Please, everyone introduce yourself over the list-serv over the
> telecon.

I'm Karl Dubost, working from Montréal, Canada as the development
director of a Web agency. I have been working for W3C from 2000 to
2008.  In general, I'm interested in open standards and social process
around the network technologies.

It's very rare that I use the term privacy for online communications
because it almost never exists (even when you are on your messenger
one to one, there is *always* a third person in the room, the service
provider). I prefer using "intimacy" and "opacity" (aka layers of
visibility and sharing). The more the data are open, the more the user
needs awareness and independence on his/her data.

I participated in the rich discussions of Barcelona workshop in
January 2009.

I have started to write a document on Best Practices for Social
Network Services.
http://bit.ly/freedata
http://www.la-grange.net/2009/02/16/data-independence

--