Re: Pre-Telecon Introductions

Hi everyone,

Le 3 mai 09 à 16:57, Harry Halpin a écrit :

> Please, everyone introduce yourself over the list-serv over the
> telecon. Some people  have already done so. If you could, just give
> everyone your name, your organization if you have one, and what your
> background and hopes for the Social Web XG are.

I'm Alexandre Passant, from DERI, National University of Ireland,
Galway.
My background - and current research area - is into connecting
Semantic Web and Social Software.
I'm a co-author of the SIOC ontology and editor of related documents
from its W3C members submission [1], co-founder of MOAT [2], and I'm
also involved in various applications combining Semantic Web and
Social Software, cf for instance foafmap [3].

Within the WG, I'd mainly interested in portability (and ownership) of
Social Data, especially regarding how various data formats can be
mapped / interlinked / integrated together, at the level of semantics.
I'm also concerned with privacy issues, as presented during the W3C
Workshop [4].

Within W3C, I'm also involved in the SPARQL WG - and hence can offer
to be a liaison contact between it and the XG.
Then, I will unfortunately not be able to attend tomorrow's telecon,
as the SPARQL F2F is held tomorrow at the same time.
I may yet be on IRC.

Best,

Alex.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2007/02/