Re: Checking on the list

(waves hello)

On Mar 18, 2009, at 8:32 AM, Harry wrote:

> Keep using the list to discuss!!

okay

> Basically, the charter has been finalized and submitted to the W3C
> [1]. We
> should know shortly about the next steps for the group. My guess is
> it may
> take a week or two to sort out things fro the W3C end, but then we
> will
> begin our weekly telecons.

I am looking forward to that

a couple of questions to the list:

- has anybody else played around with Laconica?

I would be interested in hearing the impressions of others
esp the idea of federation
(w all other sites as versus w selected other sites as vs not
federating)

- how do people think end-user's experiences using
blogs and other sequential-conversation techs (like LiveJournal)
differ from their experiences using
what I refer to as
"interpenetrating webs of social affiliation" (like Twitter & Laconica)?

I am a "proceed from the user experience" sort of person
so I would very much like to hear the impressions of others
on using these differing tech "models of social reality"
to help inform my thoughts about & discussion of
"Social Web" techs & their uses & etc

jeffs

--
"If I had my past life over again I'd make all
  the same mistakes — only sooner."

Prof. Jeff Sonstein

http://www.it.rit.edu/~jxs/
http://ariadne.iz.net/~jeffs/