Re: Checking on the list + Elgg

Hi!
In all honesty, I've found elgg in the first place through Marco Marengo
from Telecom Italia! So Claudio, I think the spotting kudos actually
goes to your people ;)

It's also interesting that the Wordpress platform can be likewise
extended (Thanks Vincent!).

I think there's some vague general agreement that, when dealing with
distributed architectures, we're likely to end up with to types of
components:

- Data providers: friend lists, contextual information (position,
presence), activity streams (a la twitter/facebook),
applications/widgets, etc...

- And "aggregators" for those data providers, which consitute what the
user sees, and link all those data sources into a nice interface

Probably, both wordpress and elgg should be considered for the State of
the Art if not also for the development of a proof of concept.

Any more candidates?
Miquel