Quotes, Articles, Reports, Pointers-Please, what are next steps?

Hello,

I recommend that, in the place of posting notifications "FYI" to the mailing
list directly, any "data" of this type (generated by third parties not
necessarily on the list, and/or on the list but which is subject matter
specific) be provided a place to live.

This topic of sharing information resources and how was raised a few days
ago and, although a few suggestions on how to handle the information sharing
in an elegant web-based fashion were made (Delicious, daringfireball-like
linked-list system, group on magnolia), nothing concrete was done.

The very simplest and manually intensive way to go about this [and likely to
be challenging to manage in the future] is to create new pages on the Wiki
where the charter(s) are.
Every time Karl or I or anyone has something to contribute, it be put into
the page and those who wish to receive notification when a new piece of
information is added simply subscribe to the updates on that page.

Further, whatever the software/system adopted, in order to keep the data
gathering (as well as our discussions) focused and efficient, I highly
recommend that the person who sets this up make sure that there are ways for
separating the information contributed into sub-topics within the larger
topic of social networking.

****** Can someone please take the lead on this before our e-mail inboxes
get inundated with valuable quotes, pointers to articles, reports, etc which
then we don't have time to filter/sort? ****

I really don't have a recommendation or strong feeling on how to do this
only that it be put in place. SOON?

I, for one, will refrain from further posting any links, etc to relevant
resources on this list.

Christine

cperey@perey.com
mobile (Swiss): +41 79 436 68 69