Re: Poll: Who would join Social Web XG(s)? 1 or 2 XGs? Telecons?

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 19:24:51 +0100
To: Christine Perey <cperey@perey.com>
Cc: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, public-social-web-talk@w3.org

Hi Christine,

2009/1/23 Christine Perey <cperey@perey.com>:

> I'm a little confused here.
>
> Earlier today we were discussing scopes and frameworks.

I missed that.

> Now we've moved off and are taking names.  If your (Harry) question is "are
> there enough people here to do good work on many topics and to do the work
> in multiple groups?" I think the answer from the past hour is there is a lot
> of excitement, a lot of experts monitoring this list and a LOT to do.

Definitely.

> Unfortunately, no social networking operators and, with the exception of Tim
> Anglade, we don't have anyone who is building platforms for social
> networking today.

We do, there are several companies working in the semweb space that
are here before we start, there is definite interest from other
companies and groups.

> Why would we want/need to limit our scope to data portability and/or
> semantic web now?

I personally think the scope should be limited to achievable targets
for the next year, the demographic of the people involved being
secondary.

> Maybe I'm missing a key element.

Maybe, probably not, please expand on your doubts.

Cheers,
Danny.

--
http://danny.ayers.name