policy for documents Re: Current Draft of possible Deliverables for the group

Christine,

(That is another topic, so I changed the topic.)

Le 27 févr. 2009 à 04:27, Christine Perey a écrit :
> What is the W3C policy on the use/re-use of relevant position papers
> submitted for the Workshop as starting points/the foundation
> elements for
> future deliverables?

The W3C has a [license for documents][1].
When someone participates to a deliverable produced by a group, this
person usually accepts to produce a document under the rules of W3C
Document License.

> What might the authors of those papers like to have done with their
> contributions?

The papers of the workshop can be cited, but can *not* be reused to
write the group document just like that (cut & paste). What the
authors of the workshop papers want to do with them is entirely their
responsibility. If they want to contribute big part of their papers,
when the group and/or the editor think it is suitable for the group
document, there is no issue.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231

--
Karl Dubost