From: public-social-web-talk-request@w3.org [mailto:public-social-web-talk-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Venezia Claudio
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 10:56 AM
To: 'Harry Halpin'; Renato Iannella
Cc: public-social-web-talk@w3.org
Subject: RE: Proposal: Keep Group Unified, Don't Divide into Taskforces

Hi Harry, all,

as said during the workshop operators would be interested in getting to a standard definition of social context, as a set of information which might range from location symbolic names (e.g. home, office, transportation) and social activity (e.g. business meeting, with friends) to sensors' related information (e.g. temperature, brightness and whatever),
this work has been partially carried out within W3C UWA but just with respect to the delivery context,

the aim would be collecting use cases, generate requirements (e.g. functional, security etc) and collect the critical mass to propose/achieve:

1) a social context vocabulary
2) a definition of Web social context which would extend the web browsing context
3) the specification of APIs to get/set social contextual information
4) a (privacy) security model

We believe that contextual information will be more and more important in social networking (especially in mobility) and we'd like to prevent a massive market fragmentation,

Regards
Claudio