Re: New, Unified XG Proposal

I fully agree,

I think we may start with as  simple as possible and see how it
develops.

Joaquín  Salvachúa

El 10/02/2009, a las 15:02, Miquel Martin escribió:

> Hi all,
> I've been sitting back a bit while this debate unfolds. I guess I
> have a
> very practical approach: there's enough momentum and
> relevant/enthusiastic people to make some good work, and the
> organizational specifics are a minor point (I know, I know, let me be
> idealistic ;)
>
> Here's my 2 cents:
>
> - The task forces in the charter sound great. If they end up being
> task
> forces, then they definitely need separate phone conferences
>
> - It sounds like the single XG approach would reduce the
> bureaucracy and
> increase the efficiency. Less red tape => more work done
>
> - If we stick to one XG, we'll need task synchronization meetings, but
> on a much lower frequency than task meet ups
>
> That said, my main interest lies in the Distributed Architecures and
> Contextual Data task forces. I'm still clearing up participation
> issues
> back at the office, but I expect to be able to contribute to both.
>
> Let the debate continue ;) But please, the sooner we start the more
> momentum we'll still have
>
> Miquel Martin
>
> Christine Perey wrote:
>> Hi Krishna,
>>
>> Thank you for your proposal to work on the project and your
>> suggestion of a
>> phased approach.
>>
>> I feel (as I believe you expressed) that focusing in the near term
>> need not
>> ignore/exclude the potential future areas of study.
>>
>> You wrote:
>> c)	Most probably it will be a little rough and anemic
>> participation in
>> the beginning - but if we, as founding members, contribute enough to
>> generate a critical mass, then I am sure the TFs will gather
>> momentum.
>>
>> I'm entirely of this opinion (and in my experience it works if/
>> when the
>> founding team is dedicated and their work is good) but, out of
>> respect for
>> those who have more experience in this (W3C) structure than I, I
>> get the
>> feeling that this is counter to standard W3C process.
>>
>> Christine

Joaquin Salvachua               tel: +34 91 549 57 00  x.3056
Associated Professor                 +34 91 549 57 62  x.3056
dpt. Telematica
Change  ^
E.T.S.I. Telecomunicacion
Ciudad Universitaria S/N         fax: +34 91 336 73 33
E-28040  MADRID   SPAIN

mailto:jsalvachua@dit.upm.es // http://www.dit.upm.es/~jsr
Blog: http://jsalvachua.blogspot.com/