Re: New, Unified XG Proposal

Tim,

> Or is even that two-tier XG/Task Force structure a doomed
> organizational view to start with, in your opinion and experience?

Looking at the report [1] - btw, Dom, why was the report not posted to
*this* list? :) - which is probably the only tangible thing people
interested  in the topics at hand have (at least people not have been able
to join the workshop in Barcelona), I'd suggest a radical solution:

Obviously, there are a couple of issues which have been identified. Why not
create one XG per identified issue? An XG is cheap. IIRC like three W3C
member supporting it, requested and expected W3C team effort close to 0, a
chair (I guess it is possible to find three people to chair, lemme count:
Christine, Harry, and you ... yes, makes three; in case you need a fourth
one, I'd chime in) and a sharp focus. For example, a core of a charter could
be 'what privacy mechanisms are available and what is missing, what can or
should be standardised'.

Dunno if that helps, but I promise you that I'll contribute heavily if I
find stuff like this around. Otherwise I'm inclined to reallocate my time
budget.

> When it comes to beer, I don't drink anything less than a liter, so
> unless you're willing to get serious with your betŠ ;)

1 liter? You call *this* serious? Let's say: one per XG ;D

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/msnws/report

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,