Re: Invited expert - Change of policy?

Hello Miguel Angel,

Please see comments inline.

Best,
Mauro
Incubator Activity Lead

On Apr 14, 2009, at 10:07 AM, Miguel-Angel Monjas wrote:

> Some questions:
>
> - Do invited experts need to belong to a W3C company member?

No, quite the opposite.  Per process document [1] Invited Expert
status should not be granted to an individual who is an employee of a
W3C Member.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#invited-expert-wg

> - If a member of a given company wishes to become an invited expert,
> does it mean that the company endorses somehow the results of the
> group?

If you are an employee of a W3C Member then you need to be nominated
to the Social Web Incubator Group by the representative of your
company at W3C (namely the Advisory Committee Representative).  If you
are not aware who is the AC Rep, please let me know and I will let you
know.