Invited expert - Change of policy?

From: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 19:31:28 -0400
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, Mauro Nunez <mauro@w3.org>
Cc: public-social-web-talk@w3.org
Hi,

I thought in the initial discussions that the Incubator Group would be
[opened to the public][1]. Was there a [change of policy][2]?

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 02:13:36 GMT
In Re: Poll: Who would join Social Web XG(s)? 1 or 2 XGs? Telecons?
from Dan Brickley on 2009-01-23 (public-social-web-talk@w3.org from
January 2009)
At http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009Jan/0031.html

I have no assumption that W3C Membership should be
a precondition for participation in the XG(s). A
public list that the public are welcome to
participate in, and telecons open to those without
member affiliation too. I don't care quite how
this is cludged/managed in terms of W3C process;
but I really think we'll get nowhere if the
partipation model excludes those many people
working outside of W3C. Is anyone proposing a
Membership-based participation model?

[1]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009Jan/0031
[2]: http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/43434/instructions

--