Re: Social Architecture Report: Extensibility

On 02/08/2015 12:09 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I start collection information on how we approach *extensibility*
> directly in a wiki page with draft of Social Architecture Report.
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/SocialIG/Architecture_TF/ArchitectureFirstWorkingDraft#Extensibility
>
> I find this aspect very important while we put last touch on Social
> Syntax and clarify our direction with Social API.
>
> Please feel warmly invited to contribute!

\o Hola

I just captured on that wiki page Amy's comment from last WG telecon:

"namespacing doesn't matter if everyone agrees on one vocab right, like
mf2 or schema.org - but as soon as someone wants to coin their own term
in a decentralised way (maybe if they want to expand AS2 with a new
content type) and describe it, the documentation for that should be some
way discoverable, which is why namespacing is useful, JSON-LD or
otherwise... as I understand, anyway"

I still don't see us clarifying well our use of JSON-LD and I see
extensibility and interoperability aspects crucial to address this
issue. Interop also in terms what other W3C groups work on e.g. LDP,
Annotaions, Credentials etc.

Also relevant to short conversation we had with Erik on github in
relation to xAPI
https://github.com/openbadges/openbadges-specification/pull/22#issuecomment-73286290

Ciao o/