From:   ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
To:     "henry.story@bblfish.net" <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc:     Evan Prodromou <evan@e14n.com>, "public-socialweb@w3.org"
<public-socialweb@w3.org>, "public-social-interest@w3.org"
<public-social-interest@w3.org>
Date:   11/02/2015 10:15
Subject:        Re: Implementations (former: User stories for Social API)

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories#Implementations

>> Including Open Platforms & Proprietary Platforms
>>
>> This way we can keep track on implementations. I already reached out to
>> Diaspora and Friendica communities, tracking it in
>> http://www.w3.org/Social/InterestGroup/track/actions/1

> I don't think that it is appropriate that the User Stories page contain
an
> implementation section.  That should be on a different page, and it can
> refer to this one. We are here to build the standards  which we can
> implement. User Stories are here so that we can refer to them when we
> discuss protocol issues to see if we are not missing out on a story
> by making a decision.
I find tracking open source implementations *curcial*, as well as take
into account proprietary ones. A future existing in popular mainstream
silo network gives us a strong signal about existing demand. Also , if
we don't provide clear means for implementing it, how can we expect
people to get out of those silos?

I don't mind moving this section to separate page, except possible issue
that this will make linking Stories and Groupings harder then just using
fragments like [[#Diaspora]] and [[#User posts a note]]

Instead [[Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories#User posts a note | #User
posts a note]] and
[[Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories_implementations#Diaspora | #Diaspora]]

Hmmm... maybe we could just create a template for it? Any MediaWiki
wizards in da house? :)

[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Bill Looby/Ireland/IBM]