Re: Naming for Social Web groups...

On 02/09/2015 09:29 PM, Bassetti, Ann wrote:
> wow, good catch, Daniel!  Just an oversight, AFAIK.  I just changed the title of the IG page, but don't have time right now to go digging for other instances.  Feel free to edit anything you think is incorrect.

Perhaps Ann and others in the IG missed this conversation, so I'll
repeat it - not sure if it went out or happened purely during the AC
charter review.

At bequest of our former chair, Mark Crawford, we called it the "Social
Interest Group" when weinsofar as it's domain was all possible social
applicatons, some of which may not involve the "Web" (i.e. use of HTTP,
URIs, etc.). In particular, I think Mark was interested in Internet of
Things use-cases.

Thus there is no mistake. You guys in the Social Interest Group have
*all social interactions in any technology*. It's big shoes to fill, but
we know you can do it!

   cheers,
   harry