From: Evan Prodromou [mailto:evan@e14n.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 9:23 PM
To: public-socialweb@w3.org
Subject: User stories for Social API

Per our discussion on the telecon this afternoon, I've posted a first draft of some user stories on the wiki here:

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories

I've tried to capture in narrative form with named actors the requirements from the Requirements page. I've tried to keep the user stories short (~5 steps), and keep them clustered around an functional theme.

This has usually been successful with the exception of the Groups user story, which has about 11 steps.

I also tried to capture some developer stories, to give an indication of how I think developers will use the standard and the APIs that implement it.

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories#Proposed_developer_stories

I think it's probably worthwhile to keep these to make evaluating API proposals easier.

Please:

  *   Feel free to update the user stories.
  *   Try to keep them roughly within the boundaries I've defined above (narrative form, ~5 steps, clustered around a theme)
  *   Remember that API != UI. It's probably bad to assume that users will "push a button" or "go to a Web page".
  *   Talk to me by email before reorganizing the entire page to meet your personal idea of "user story".
  *   Don't add votes yet. These user stories are still in flux and it's going to be awkward if we have to work around your vote.
Thanks,

-Evan