Re: social-ISSUE-17 (Online Identity): Identity, Agent, Person, Persona, Account etc. need clarifications

On 04/01/2015 10:23 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 03/03/2015 03:59 PM, Social Web Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
>> social-ISSUE-17 (Online Identity): Identity, Agent, Person, Persona, Account etc. need clarifications
>
> I wonder what people think about sioc:UserAccount?
> Nicely illustrated in relation to foaf:Person in this diagram:
>
> http://sioc-project.org/node/158

Hi John,

Looking at "Major change to a SIOC term: User is now called UserAccount"
post back from 2010

http://sioc-project.org/node/341

I wonder if you gathered any implementation experience since that, which
would help us with addressing this issue about online Identity.

From my perspective, another path out there in the wild, assumes Person
== Account and uses rel="me" or rel="schema:sameAs" to link them.
* http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-me
* https://developers.google.com/structured-data/customize/social-profiles

Another relevant conversation happened in WebID mailing list "Should
WebIDs denote people or accounts?"
* https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webid/2014May/0103.html

I also engaged lately in work happening in Credentials CG
* https://www.w3.org/community/credentials/
* http://opencreds.org/specs/source/identity-credentials/

IMO it gets even more interesting if we deal with collective identities
/ accounts. For example foaf:Group or org:Organization and services
similar to https://grouptweet.com/

Cheers!