From: Alberto Manuel [mailto:bpm.tst@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 05:46 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: Don Buddenbaum <buddenba@us.ibm.com>
Cc: public-socbizcg@w3.org <public-socbizcg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: 6/5 proposed agenda [via W3C Social Business Community Group]

Hi:

I will attend and present my latest work on mining social networks combined with knowledge discovery and process types.

The complexity were are living with, implies that we to look and align other kind of dimensions we were not used to look before to tackle the factors that are transforming the way processes are executed.

In fact today we have immense analytical capabilities, but how do we understand a fundamental challenge for organizations that is how people socialize? How do they work? the configuration makes sense? It is too centralized, depends always from the same person and the same organizational units or is open and anyone can be invited to join? The type of knowledge applied is abstract, i.e. people can apply recurrent solutions to daily problems in a multitude of situations, and only apply customized solutions (concrete knowledge)? Knowledge is reused? Information flows naturally or processes are too structured and best practice oriented that are turning organizations into fragile systems because they are not able to change, react to unpredictable facts and adapt?

For those that cannot attend, attached is the presentation.

Best

Alberto Manuel
http://ultrabpm.wordpress.com/

http://pt.linkedin.com/in/albertomanuel