From: sfermigier@gmail.com [mailto:sfermigier@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stéfane Fermigier
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:44 AM
To: Bassetti, Ann
Cc: public-socbizcg@w3.org
Subject: Re: social business "players"

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Bassetti, Ann <ann.bassetti@boeing.com<mailto:ann.bassetti@boeing.com>> wrote:
Hey, Stéfane – that's really excellent!  Sorry to say, I have never heard of any of them.

That's the main issue most french software vendors have, unfortunately.

Just goes to show how much variation there is in the world.  I feel strongly, if we hold a workshop, we need to figure out how to pull many of these threads together.

Indeed.

What's your view on the W3C holding a workshop in this subject area?  If you think we should, what do you think the 'theme' or focus should be?

I'm don't have a wide enough view of the issues at hand, at least one of them that is of interest to me is the question around standards (and the fact that there are so many of them to choose from...).

As one of the organisers (and program vice-chairs) of the Open World Forum 2013 (see http://www.openworldforum.org/en for the 2012 edition) I guess that a workshop on "Open standards for the social business web" would be perfectly appropriate in this context, but maybe it's a bit too far in the future (OWF2013 will take place in October 2013).

  S.

  -- Ann