Re: Two SOAP/JMS items - changing meeting time, moving to PR

Hi Yves,

On 7/25/11 9:29 PM, Yves Lafon wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, Eric Johnson wrote:
>
>> Hi Yves,
>>
>> In an email exchange we had a little while back, you suggested doing
>> another CR.
>>
>> I think, after this past Tuesday's meeting, we may be ready for a PR.
>>
>> We have two implemtations now that assert that they can pass test
>> cases (and I think we may have a third shortly).
>>
>> Note that we've not properly tested these implementations with each
>> other, just that they've independently looked at the test cases, and
>> assessed that they pass them.
>>
>> Can we move to PR? Or do we need more than that?
>
> We need to ensure that it matches what was promised in terms of
> testing (it should be in the exit criteria of the previous CR), I'll
> check that later this week.

Did you ever get around to checking this text to see if what we're
suggesting is consistent with moving to PR? I looked at the SOTD text
from our last CR just now, and it appeared that moving forward with PR
is consistent with what we stated there.

We said:
"The Working Group intend to submit this document for consideration as a
W3C Proposed Recommendation after 31 August 2009 having met the
following criteria:

     At least two implementations have demonstrated interoperability of
each feature.

     All issues raised during the CR period against this document have
received formal responses.

This specification is not describing the way the binding could be used
with WSDL 1.1 WSDL 1.1 or WSDL 2.0 WSDL 2.0 Core Language, due to lack
of support in the Working Group. As a consequence, the description of
how to deal with WSDL 1.1 or 2.0 MEPs will be moved to the Working
Group's FAQ."

Since we removed the WSDL 2.0 feature, and both Software AG and the
Apache CXF project assert support for the WSDL 1.1 support, that pretty
much covers it, at least as I read it.

Your thoughts?

-Eric.