Minor issue in section 3.3.5 of Binding spec.

From: Mark Phillips <M8PHILLI@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:42:25 +0100
To: public-soap-jms@w3.org

The discussion on whitespace in the JMS URI has caused a colleague to raise
a minor issue with section 3.3.5 in the Binding spec. with regard to
encoding the URI for use in XML.  The final paragraph in that section
states that:

"The values for parameters in the URI need to be encoded ("%20" for space,
for example) as per normal URI escaping rules, and the resulting URI needs
to be encoded as per normal XML rules ("&amp;" for &) when serialized into
an XML attribute."

The problem with this sentence is that it specifically refers to URI
parameter values, but it is conceivable that other parts of the URI might
contain characters which need encoding, for example parameter names (or the
destination name itself in some variants).

To resolve the issue I propose that we modify the sentence so that ....

"The values for parameters in the URI"

...becomes...

"The characters  in the URI"

Regards