Re: Allow EXI as characterization for XML in the JMS body ?

What specific changes would need to be made to the specification in
order to avoid ruling out the use of EXI?

I'm phrasing this differently than you have, of course: I do not think
incorporating an EXI *requirement* is in scope for the SOAP/JMS working
group.  In fact, I do not think, at this stage of the specification
work, that we ought to introduce a new optional dependency.  However, I
will readily acknowledge that a vendor might wish to enable EXI in SOAP
over JMS, and if our specification forbids it, we shouldn't.

Rephrasing: I think we should not forbid, nor require, nor even specify
as optional behavior the use of EXI in SOAP over JMS, but should phrase
our specification in such a way that a person or group writing an
extension specification could make using EXI possible and interoperable.

--
Amelia A. Lewis
Senior Architect