Re: Allow EXI as characterization for XML in the JMS body ?

From: Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 10:05:00 -0500
To: Jean-Baptiste Bugeaud <bugeaud@gmail.com>
Cc: public-soap-jms@w3.org
What specific changes would need to be made to the specification in
order to avoid ruling out the use of EXI?

I'm phrasing this differently than you have, of course: I do not think
incorporating an EXI *requirement* is in scope for the SOAP/JMS working
group.  In fact, I do not think, at this stage of the specification
work, that we ought to introduce a new optional dependency.  However, I
will readily acknowledge that a vendor might wish to enable EXI in SOAP
over JMS, and if our specification forbids it, we shouldn't.

Rephrasing: I think we should not forbid, nor require, nor even specify
as optional behavior the use of EXI in SOAP over JMS, but should phrase
our specification in such a way that a person or group writing an
extension specification could make using EXI possible and interoperable.

--
Amelia A. Lewis
Senior Architect