W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-soap-jms@w3.org > June 2010

Minutes 2010-06-01

From: Mark Phillips <M8PHILLI@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:00:18 +0100
To: public-soap-jms@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF3FEB2B83.98FD7C0A-ON80257735.005D081C-80257735.005D6997@uk.ibm.com>

We didn't start the Zakim agents today, so instead of appearing on the web,
the minutes are included as the IRC log below.

Regards
Mark


 = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
(17:06:19) mphillip: chair: Eric
(17:06:23) mphillip: Scribe: Mark

(17:07:05) mphillip: Agenda: Informal agenda today: - open issues, actions,
and status of IETF
(17:07:19) mphillip: Topic: Actions
(17:07:48) mphillip: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/open

(17:08:00) mphillip: Mark:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/154 - no progress
(17:09:04) mphillip: Mark:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/173 - contacted IBMer who
recommended Mark Hapner
(17:09:20) mphillip: Mark: Request sent to Mark Hapner - awaiting response
(17:09:25) mphillip: close action-173
(17:09:25) ***trackbot attempting to close ACTION-173.
(17:09:25) trackbot: ACTION-173 Enquire in IBM about who to contact amongst
JMS contributors closed
(17:09:37) mphillip: Peter:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/169

(17:09:43) mphillip: Peter: Complete
(17:09:51) mphillip: close action-169
(17:09:52) ***trackbot attempting to close ACTION-169.
(17:09:52) trackbot: ACTION-169 Apply resolutions for Issues 35-37 closed
(17:10:02) mphillip: Peter:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/174 - complete
(17:10:11) mphillip: close: action-174
(17:12:22) mphillip: Topic: Issues
(17:12:29) mphillip: Peter:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Jun/0001.html

(17:12:51) mphillip: Peter: Resolutions for issues 35-37 linked above
(17:13:46) mphillip: Peter: 2 new tests for basic SOAP 1.2 functionality –
one-way and two-way respectively 0101 0102
(17:15:34) eric:
http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/testcases/testcases/testcases.html#test1003


(17:17:17) mphillip: Peter: 1003 introduces inconsistency between
contentType and XML declaration fr force fault
(17:19:23) mphillip: Eric: it would be worth explaining the test in the
description - to point out the mismatch between the contentType header and
the message
(17:19:47) mphillip: action Peter to clarify the test description for test
1003
(17:19:48) ***trackbot noticed an ACTION. Trying to create it.
(17:19:48) trackbot: Created ACTION-175 - Clarify the test description for
test 1003 [on Peter Easton - due 2010-06-08].
(17:24:34) mphillip: RESOLUTION: All agree that Issue 35 should be closed
(17:25:16) eric: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/36

(17:25:32) mphillip: RESOLUTION: All agree that Issue 36 should be closed
(17:26:03) mphillip: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/37

(17:26:17) mphillip: RESOLUTION: All agree that Issue 37 should be closed
(17:27:06) mphillip: TOPIC: IETF URI spec.
(17:27:37) mphillip: Eric: We should wait to see if we get a response from
Mark Hapner
(17:30:05) mphillip: Also David Chappell (Phil also sent note through
LinkedIn)
(17:32:18) mphillip: Peter: Will look for a more current email address for
Dave (he used to work for Sonic)
(17:33:06) mphillip: Eric: awaiting response from a contact in Oracle
(17:34:50) mphillip: we will wait until next week to see if we get any
responses
(17:35:46) mphillip: Topic: Issues (cont)
(17:37:58) mphillip: Mark: Issue 34 -
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/34

(17:38:17) mphillip: Mark: having a better defined fault subcode for SOAP
1.1 would be an improvement
(17:40:33) eric: WS-Addressing:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-ws-addr-soap-20060509/#id2270287

(17:41:09) eric: WS-I Basic Profile:
http://ws-i.org/profiles/BasicProfile-1.2-WGD.html#SOAP_Custom_Fault_Codes

(17:41:12) mphillip: Phil: In favour of following the model used by other
spec.s but there doesn't appear to be consistency in SOAP 1.1 faults
(17:43:11) peaston:
http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/sc/WS-SecureConversation.pdf.

(17:49:19) mphillip: Phil: How would we expect people to retrieve the fault
code?.
(17:52:06) mphillip: Peter: Currently people would need to get the fault
detail and then parse the details. If the proposal is approved they could
determine the cause more simply with the getFaultCode
(17:53:17) mphillip: action Peter to re-write the explicit proposal for
Issue 34
(17:53:18) ***trackbot noticed an ACTION. Trying to create it.
(17:53:18) trackbot: Created ACTION-176 - Re-write the explicit proposal
for Issue 34 [on Peter Easton - due 2010-06-08].
 = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

NEW ACTIONS
ACTION-175        Clarify the test description for test 1003      Peter
Easton      2010-06-08
ACTION-176  Re-write the explicit proposal for Issue 34     Peter Easton
2010-06-08
Received on Tuesday, 1 June 2010 17:03:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 18 December 2010 18:16:24 GMT