Re: NEW ISSUE: Editors list wrong

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 14:58:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: Eric Johnson <eric@tibco.com>
cc: SOAP-JMS <public-soap-jms@w3.org>
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Eric Johnson wrote:

> At the beginning of the spec, we currently have the following people listed:
> Phil, Peter, Bhakti, Roland.
>
> Based on the CVS log, it seems like the list should be:
> Roland, Phil, Mark, Peter, Eric
>
> The change log at the end of the document also lists Philippe LeHagaret,
> Bhakti, Yves as people who have edited the document.  Should we add
> these people?  Bhakti made one edit once, and has since stopped
> participating, so I was thinking that dropping her would be appropriate,
> whereas Roland made /many/ changes, and worked as chair for so long.
> Mark has made numerous edits, but has not been credited.
>
> Yves, do you care to speak up for yourself?  What is W3C
> tradition/expectation here?

The tradition is to put the mandated editors, and promote editors people
who did lots of edits (with their assent).
Philippe and me won't count as having done enough editing on the document
to qualify being listed as editors :) (but there should be a contributors
ection listing present and past members, which is section D. in our
document).

--
Baroula que barouleras, au tiƩu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves