ISSUE-23 (mphillip): What to do with start parameter in contentType [SOAP-JMS Binding specification]

From: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:19:20 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-soap-jms@w3.org

ISSUE-23 (mphillip): What to do with start parameter in contentType [SOAP-JMS Binding specification]

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/23

Raised by: Mark Phillips
On product: SOAP-JMS Binding specification

In section 2.4 we state that "if the payload is formatted as a MIME multipart message, then the first byte or character encountered in the JMS Message body MUST be the start of the MIME " but we do not state what should happen if the "start=" parameter is specified in the contentType property value

Proposal:
Suggest we state explicitly that the "start=" parameter will be ignored...

In 2.4, change:
Note also that if the payload is formatted as a MIME multipart message, then the first byte or character encountered in the JMS Message body MUST be the start of the MIME boundary for the start of the first part — what MIME Part One [IETF RFC 2045] section 2.5 calls a "Body Part".

to:
Note also that if the payload is formatted as a MIME multipart message, then the first byte or character encountered in the JMS Message body MUST be the start of the MIME boundary for the start of the first part — what MIME Part One [IETF RFC 2045] section 2.5 calls a "Body Part".  If the contentType property value includes a "start" parameter then it MUST be ignored.

...and add a new assertion to check the new requirement.