From: Eric Johnson [mailto:eric@tibco.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:05 PM
To: Peter Easton
Cc: Amelia A Lewis; public-soap-jms@w3.org
Subject: Re: [SOAP-JMS] minutes 2008-05-20

Hi Peter,

Peter Easton wrote:

	Hi Eric,

	Obviously I'm not getting something basic here - so please bear
with me.

	Are you are talking about JMS 1.1 message selectors? If so, who
in this case is setting the selector ?

	In this setup the tester at F is a pure JMS client that had
better be listening on the right destination with no restrictive
selectors.

I think you're circling right back to the question of conformance
targets.  We have written the specification so that it is *possible* to
use message selectors (my apologies for not using the JMS terminology
earlier) to select which messages are delivered to which listeners.  In
other words, we have to test the conformance of the sender, and the
conformance of the recipient.

Maybe what you're saying is simply this.  Suppose that we do start
throwing message selectors in the mix.  You're suggesting:

*	it is possible to write a system that fully tests the
conformance of the sender, because we can always write pairs of opposing
selectors, guaranteeing that the message is always delivered to
something in our test harness - thus giving us something to test?
*	Doing that would be easier than trying to test the sender at the
point where the message has been sent.

Maybe you're not making this last point, but that would be something for
us to explore.

-Eric.

	Peter