RE: [SOAP-JMS] minutes 2008-05-20

Hi Roland,

> "or perhaps we should develop two components, a "conformance checking
responder app" and a "conformance checking  requesting app" that simply
drive the binding implementations."

That's one of the options I was referring to on Tueday's call.      We
could develop those "conformance-checking apps" to verify each side of the
producer/consumer "connection", and - at least in the case of where we're
verifying the compliance of the vendor's message producer component (i.e.
client runtime) - we'd also need to develop some sort of web service
application that exercises the client runtime and causes the desired SOAP
messages to be produced by that client runtime, etc.

Phil Adams
WebSphere Development - Web Services
IBM Austin, TX
email: phil_adams@us.ibm.com
office: (512) 838-6702  (tie-line 678-6702)
mobile: (512) 750-6599

Roland Merrick <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>
Sent by: public-soap-jms-request@w3.org
05/22/2008 08:19 AM

"Peter Easton" <peaston@progress.com>
cc
public-soap-jms@w3.org
Subject
RE: [SOAP-JMS] minutes 2008-05-20

Greetings Peter, off to a quick start!

I have NOT worked my way through it all yet but you make it clear that we
will have to think about a testing/conformance framwork of some kind as
well as the tests. The framework will have to examine the JMS Messages to
ensure that they conform. How should we do this? I do not know. We could
get a hook into the requestor and responder or perhaps we should develop
two components, a "conformance checking responder app" and a "conformance
checking  requesting app" that simply drive the binding implementations.

Regards, Roland
FBCS, CITP
IBM Software Group, Strategy, Software Standards

"Peter Easton" <peaston@progress.com>
21/05/2008 21:48

Roland Merrick/UK/IBM@IBMGB, <public-soap-jms@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [SOAP-JMS] minutes 2008-05-20

Here's a initial pass.

I started copying a lot of the core document test, then decided it was
easier to just locally annotate the assertions and personal test comments
as editorial comments to the spec, I suppose we could come up with
"testernote" annotation . Nothing, of course, has been checked into cvs.

I haven't completed the WSDL Usage section nor looked at the IRI spec

Peter