RE : Initial XML-based testcase definitions

Jacques,
Please don't read too much into the set of tests that you see in my
initial drop.    Our first goal is to determine the format for describing
the tests, and at this point I have defined only 2 of the most basic tests
(a one-way and a two-way) just to provide an example of how tests are
defined.      Once we work out the details of how the testcases will be
defined, then the whole group can start to define various tests using the
agreed-upon format.

When defining the various testcases for the SOAP/JMS test suite, we should
definitely take a good look at the existing testcases within the
WS-Addressing to see what makes sense to incorporate into our test suite,
but by and large, I would not expect to see any WS-Addressing-specific
tests in our test suite.     I don't think it would be correct for us to
mandate the use of WS-Addressing in order for a vendor to claim compliance
with the SOAP/JMS spec.    It sounds like what you are after would be some
sort of "profile", similar to the various WS-I profiles which attempt to
pull together various specs into a definition of a useful set of function
to solve a specific set of problems.       Perhaps some follow-on work to
the SOAP/JMS spec would be a separate effort to do just this???

Phil Adams
WebSphere Development - Web Services
IBM Austin, TX
email: phil_adams@us.ibm.com
office: (512) 838-6702  (tie-line 678-6702)
mobile: (512) 750-6599

From:
"TALBOT Jacques (TJA)" <Jacques.TALBOT@teamlog.com>
To: