RE: SOAP/JMS One-Way Faults

From: TALBOT Jacques (TJA) <Jacques.TALBOT@teamlog.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 09:50:32 +0200
To: Eric Johnson <eric@tibco.com>, Mark R Maxey <Mark_R_Maxey@raytheon.com>
CC: "public-soap-jms@w3.org" <public-soap-jms@w3.org>
De : public-soap-jms-request@w3.org [mailto:public-soap-jms-request@w3.org] De la part de Eric Johnson

Hi Mark,

Perhaps I'm missing something here?  One aspect of the one-way SOAP MEP is that you *cannot* return a fault.  Mind you, if you're using WSDL with an MEP that has an input message and fault message, wouldn't an application map that two a two-way SOAP-MEP, or use WS-Addressing to indicate a return address?

-Eric.

Mark R Maxey wrote:

I don't fully understand the abstract SOAP MEPs and how it applies to this document.  Can someone explain how a receiver of a one-way SOAP/JMS message can return a fault back to the sender when the JMSReplyTo is required to not be set?

Thanks,
Mark Maxey