SML WG Conf Call

02 Mar 2009

See also: IRC log


Len, Kirk, Kumar, Sandy, John, Ginny
Jim, Henry
Kumar Pandit




<johnarwe_> 2/23 minutes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2009Feb/att-0007/20090223-smil-minutes.html

john: any objection to approving the minutes of 2/23?

RESOLUTION: minutes of 2/23 approved by the WG.

Action Items

Kumar: I will work on my AIs this week.

Review EPR and XLink Notes

Len: because of the large number of changes involved, I chose to work on the EPR note. The XLink edits are not complete yet.

<johnarwe_> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5341#c17

kirk: Let us go through the changes from the beginning.
... does W3C distinguish between author and editor for a note?

john: Kirk, can you and Len resolve this offline?

kirk: we should retain the SML/SML-IF version numbers in the status section.
... If we want to keep the 'ToC' links then we should make them more readable.

RESOLUTION: rename 'ToC' to 'Back to Contents'

kirk: 'reference schemes' and 'section 5.1' should be links.

<johnarwe_> wondering out loud: would "see [ref] section x.y" read better? it's a bit less verbose (technicaly, 24 bits I guess :-) )

kirk: other changes in Introduction are ok.
... notes are non-normative therefore saying 'non-normative guidance' is redundant.

Len: the rewritten sentence that earlier began with 'However' is ok. [ref: comment# LKC27.]

kirk: other changes up to comment# 37 are ok.
... changes up to comment# 57 are ok.
... comment 58: prefer to say 'both of'.
... changes up to comment# 71 are ok.
... comment 73: I will come up with a valid uri.

kirk: comment 77: I will rework the sentence to reduce usage of the word 'generated'.
... other changes up to comment# 82 are ok.

<johnarwe_> [you can use the word] derived

Len: we should assign a label to the 'university example' so that we can refer to it properly.

<johnarwe_> kirk: in 4.2 "new" text, s/ot/to/

<johnarwe_> ...and s/difin/defin/

kirk: other changes are ok.

john: the assertion that all IRIs are URIs is incorrect. it would be correct to say that all IRIs can be mapped to URIs.

<johnarwe_> LEIRI note http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-leiri-20081103/

kirk: I will make the accepted changes and a few other changes and then repost the Word document.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/03/02 18:35:14 $
Last Scribe Date        Member Name         Regrets pending 
2008-05-22              Lynn, James         Until further notice 
2009-01-08              Smith, Virginia     3/16, First half of Mondays (probably scribe-exempt) 
2009-01-15              Gao, Sandy          Second half of Mondays (probably scribe-exempt) 
2008-02-09              Charest, Len 
2009-02-23              Wilson, Kirk                         
2009-03-02              Pandit, Kumar       
Exempt                  Arwe, John 
Exempt                  Henry Thompson