W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sml@w3.org > January 2009

tests xlsx updated with latest changes

From: Kumar Pandit <kumarp@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:46:34 -0800
To: "public-sml@w3.org" <public-sml@w3.org>
CC: Kumar Pandit <kumarp@windows.microsoft.com>
Message-ID: <AB1E5627D2489D45BD01B84BD5B90046149A582D78@NA-EXMSG-W601.wingroup.windeploy.ntdev.microsoft.com>
I made another pass over the set of tests and the test results. We are very close to being done with the tests and the implementation report. There are a few tests marked 'incorrect test: ...'. The tests are marked incorrect because they produce error messages somewhat different than what could be generally expected based on their name. They are not marked incorrect because they test something completely irrelevant to SML (such as testing a device driver).

That said, there are 2 approaches we can take to address this issue:

1.    Wait for COSMOS to update the test + wait for the implementation to change (if required by the updated test) so that the test produces error messages consistent with its name.

2.    Convey the required changes to COSMOS and update the expected results of the test, if necessary, to state our expectations based on how it is currently coded. The test will still produce error message about some feature of SML.

Option 1 ties the progress of SML WG to factors beyond our control. Option 2 allows us to make progress while the external factors proceed at their pace. When the external changes are made to our satisfaction, we can update our implementation report based on the updated tests if so desired. Assuming that the group is interested in making progress, I went ahead and made the required changes consistent with option 2. The changes have been checked in. If the group decides to go for option 1, we can always revert the changes to the xls.
Received on Thursday, 22 January 2009 01:53:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 22 January 2009 01:53:02 GMT