RE: schema display

Seconding Kumar. The XSD now displays in IE7, but the long lines force horizontal scrolling, which is  annoying. IE7 seems to be eliminating line breaks from the XSD source -- some, not all. FWIW, both Firefox 3 and Google Chrome 1 display the XSD source fragments with their original line breaks intact.

-Len

-----Original Message-----
From: public-sml-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sml-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Kumar Pandit
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 10:52 AM
To: C. M. Sperberg-McQueen; public-sml@w3.org
Subject: RE: schema display

I don't get an error when viewing it in IE7.

I don't know the target segment that will view this document therefore I don't know if the presentation is appropriate or not. I see 2 problems with the current representation:
1. all xsd source is in a very long single line which is hard to understand for types/elements whose definition is long.
2. if the text inside <xs:documentation> is to be shown separately as a note then it could be removed from the xsd source to improve readability.

I have not reported bugs in MS products externally therefore I am not certain about the right channel for it. You can try visiting  http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&gprid=8722& to report IE7 issue. Alternatively, if you send the bug description and a test case to me I will forward it directly to the product team.

Kumar