W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sml@w3.org > August 2009

RE: [w3c sml] 2009-08-24 meeting

From: Smith, Virginia (HP Software) <virginia.smith@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:31:30 +0000
To: John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com>, "public-sml@w3.org" <public-sml@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E6A26705E5D3374AB551715CC6F705751C67DC7433@GVW1091EXB.americas.hpqcorp.net>
No objections to bug 5163 resolution. Although there is a misspelling in the following: "a conformaing schema-aware processor"


From: public-sml-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sml-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of John Arwe
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 5:13 AM
To: public-sml@w3.org
Subject: [w3c sml] 2009-08-24 meeting

Len: The SML working group is still awaiting a response from Len on whether or not he wishes to make the XLink updates discussed at our last meeting.  Please indicate your intent to either make the updates yourself or relinquish the "XLink pen" to the other remaining editor.

All: The Schema working group requests SML's feedback on their response to bug 5163, as of Friday night.  If you object to their response, please post your objections this week.  http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5163  fwiw, since I have historically been "minding" SML's comments on Schema 1.1, I have read the draft diff at http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/06/xmlschema-1/structures.b5163.html#composition and am satisfied that it addresses the problem cited in the bug.

All: Ginny has posted minutes of the previous meeting.  If anyone knows of any changes needed, or has any objections to approving them as a true record of that meeting, kindly post those changes/objections this week.

Since I see little value in spending people's time on the first item, no one really has had time to prepare for the second, and all of them seem quite amenable to email, we will cancel today's meeting.  Where feedback has been requested, if no changes/objections are posted this week (end of day Friday, ET), I will treat that as implicit agreement (5163 response ok, minutes approved, respectively) and proceed accordingly.

If we have responses on all of the items above this week, and no new urgent business arises, I anticipate that we will cancel next week's meeting as well.  Keep in mind that the week after (2 weeks from today) is a US Holiday, so that meeting will also likely not take place (absent our US members, Henry would get lonely and have no quorum anyway).  If that is how things play out, "see" you all on Sept 14.

Best Regards, John

TACCT: Simplicity is ultimate sophistication
                                       -- Leonardo da Vinci
Street address: 2455 South Road, P328 Poughkeepsie, NY USA 12601
Voice: 1+845-435-9470      Fax: 1+845-432-9787
Received on Monday, 24 August 2009 17:32:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:56:15 UTC