RE: decisions on new test cases

Here is the same information as text:

Test discussions:

>>>10/2
John: on issue #5: Need test cases for validation of SML-IF format?
Kumar: answer should be "yes".
Ginny: I agree.
RESOLUTION: WG agreed that we need test cases for validation of SML-IF format.

>>>10/16
Second Test Case Issue: does not look like there are tests that test the necessary processing to identify identical targets (section 4.2.3) E.g., bullet #2 is not tested.
Kumar: MS implementation could not test such a condition, since it supports only the SML URI reference scheme.
Pratul: We have different aliases pointing to the same element.
<johnarwe_> sml 4.2.3 #2 starts Otherwise, a model validator MUST consider both targets to be different when
Pratul: Proposal is to add this test case.
RESOLUTION: We should add a test case to cover this scenario.

>>>10/16
Fourth Test Case Issue: no test for section 4.3.1, bullet 1 (wrong namespace for 'uri') and bullet 1.a.
<pratul> Ginny: no test for section 4.3.1, bullet 1 (wrong namespace for 'uri') and bullet 1.a.
<Kumar> Third bullet case will fall into the optional features test bucket.
Pratul: Proposal is to add test cases for this scenario.
RESOLUTION: We should add a test case to cover this scenario.

>>>10/16
Fifth Test Case Issue: no targetRequired tests for derivation by restriction or substitution groups (there are tests for these in targetElement and targetType) - section 5.1.2.1, bullet 1.b and section 5.1.2.2 (for targetRequired).
Pratul: Proposal is to add these test cases.
Kumar: Agreed.
RESOLUTION: We should add test cases to cover this scenario.

>>>10/16
Seventh Test Case Issue: no test for section 5.2.1.2, bullet 4.
Pratul: Proposal is to add test cases for this, if COSMOS has no test cases for this scenario.
RESOLUTION: Agreed, no objections.

>>>10/16
Eighth Test Case Issue: acyclic tests do not mention "intra-document references" so I assume there may not be a test for this. The tests only mention "inter-document references".
Pratul: Proposal is to add test cases to cover intra-document acyclic constraint for intra-document references.
RESOLUTION: WG agrees with no objections.

>>>10/28
ginny: Isn't multiple schemes in an SML reference more of an extension point rather than optional feature?
MSM: propose that we label this feature as EXT not SML
Kumar: we should add additional info about our categories of optional features, e.g. testability of extension points.
[test case] need test case for non-Schema determined IDs

>>>10/23
Ginny: no test case for deref() sml:field (there is a test case for sml:selector)
John: do we want to add this test?
MSM: in favor of adding this test
WG agrees to add test case for deref() in sml:field

>>>10/28
... we can't test whether an implementation does consistency checking on multiple base uri methods
MSM: if inconsistency is known, the model is invalid
Is there a requirement to report this?
MSM: 'xml:base wins' means we prescribe what interpretation is to be placed on the model
... you recover from this error (inconsistency) this is how you recover.
[test case] a test case for consistency checking assuming that we have an implementation that does consistency checking.

>>>10/29
Need specific test for schema-complete?
<ginny> Microsoft's implementation does not support schema bindings and therefore this implementation is a test for last paragraph of 5.4.3 in IF (construction of default schema)

Forgot to mention that this does not include comments on existing Cosmos test cases which are collected in Kumar's spreadsheet.