RE: html version of ginny's vote for today's telecon

Re 3 in John's mail:

I believe that John meant to say 4776 (and NOT 4676).  The proposed statement does not provide any help to the reader/implementer who discovers a discrepancy between the normative text and schema.  While I expect such discrepancies to be rare, we need to have a "resolution" policy so that readers/implementers can move ahead without waiting for the WG to issue an erratum.  Stating that normative text has precedence over the schema appears reasonable.

4781 and 4788 - I think that we should make these changes for URIs, and revisit them if required based on the IRI decision.

From: public-sml-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sml-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of John Arwe
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 5:38 AM
To: public-sml@w3.org
Subject: html version of ginny's vote for today's telecon

1. Since not everyone has Excel available, I ran a SaveAs from the attachment to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2007Aug/0091.html to create an html version (attached here) with the same content.  Ginny kindly highlighted her updates in red, and the publish process honors that.

2. Sandy informs me that I bollixed up the scribe dates by doing it from memory, his version below for inclusion into minutes assuming it is now correct (if not, we'll deal with this as part of "selection of scribe").  I hope to get to last week's minutes today, still back-logged.... it was the holiday weekend's fault, yeah that's it :-)

2007-08-23        Eckert, Zulah
2007-08-28        Lynn, James
2007-08-28        Gao, Sandy
2007-08-29        Valentina Popescu
2007-08-29        Wilson, Kirk
2007-08-30        Lipton, Paul

3. I took a look through the bugs in Ginny's list and had a couple of comments to seed the discussion (if not noted her, I'm fine w/ suggested changes)

4676 - I think we discussed this, and MSM suggested not setting any default.  That is, in case of a conflict between normative text and normative schema that is an error so we do not assume either is automatically correct by default.  I'm ok with this, but would like an explicit assertion of that in the document so readers are crystal clear on our position.

4781, 4788 - we have a choice here.  We could choose to say these updates are dependent upon the URI/IRI decision.  We could also choose to make these editorial and do them for URIs, accepting the fact that we might later decide to change all URI strings to IRI.

Best Regards, John

Street address: 2455 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY USA 12601
Voice: 1+845-435-9470      Fax: 1+845-432-9787