RE: RE: defect lifecycle diagram - 2 more cases not covered..

For #2  I left open the option for allowing working on editorial defects
with no target or to require defects to have a target before they are
worked on  :)
I have no strong attraction to either, just a minor inclination ( as Kumar
did, I think ) toward 'no target, no fixes for that defect' so that we
give a meaning to the targetMilestone field

Either option, it should be marked in the diagram

Thank you,
Valentina Popescu
IBM Toronto Labs
Phone:  (905)413-2412         (tie-line  969)
Fax: (905) 413-4850

"Lynn, James (HP Software)" <james.lynn@hp.com>
10/11/2007 05:28 PM

Kumar Pandit <kumarp@windows.microsoft.com>, Valentina
Popescu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "Smith, Virginia (HP Software)"
<virginia.smith@hp.com>
cc
"public-sml@w3.org" <public-sml@w3.org>
Subject
RE: RE: defect lifecycle diagram - 2 more cases not covered..

It did seem easy at the beginning, didn't it?

I definitely agree with #1.

For #2, I don't think I understood the intent that defects should not be
worked if they were not current target, I know in at least one case I had
worked on one that wasn't the current target. But if we are in agreement
that that is the way it is supposed to work, then #2 makes sense.