RE: any experience with abusing w3c sites ?..

I have never encountered this. you can enable caching as described in the provided link to avoid this.

From: public-sml-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sml-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Valentina Popescu
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:01 PM
To: public-sml@w3.org
Subject: any experience with abusing w3c sites ?..

I hope I am not the only with this reach experience :)

I was working on an editorial defect and during a build I got an IO exception when fetching the XML Schema xsd. I tried to access the file from my browser and this is when I got the message below.
Resetting my IP address did the trick; for a while. Now I am stuck and I can't access anything from w3c. It was amusing initially but annoying now since I can't do anything spec related

Any idea how to fix this ?

Forbidden due to abuse

Access to this resource is denied due to abuse from your IP address<http://www.w3.org/Help/abuse-info/re-reqs.html>.

W3C Webmaster<http://www.w3.org/Help/>
$Date: 2006/10/18 20:52:56 $

Thank you,
Valentina Popescu
IBM Toronto Labs
Phone:  (905)413-2412         (tie-line  969)
Fax: (905) 413-4850