RE: ACTION-83 new wording for 3.3.6

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 17:01 +0000, Smith, Virginia (HP Software) wrote:
> Is the text, which I marked in red below, necessary?

I think it could be removed, especially since the first sentence makes
it clear which URI we're talking about.

>   The reason I want to remove it is that it could be construed that
> the "resolved inter-document reference" is the stripped URI when it is
> really the entire URI reference.

My reading of section 3.3.6 leads to think that "resolved inter-document
reference" are:
- references within the same document
- references that have an alias.

I didn't think it had anything to do whether the URI had a fragid or
not.

>  Perhaps move the red text to immediately follow "Otherwise, if the
> URI reference" instead.

That would work as well.

Philippe