See also: IRC log
<trackbot-ng> Date: 28 June 2007
<scribe> scribe: Valentina
<scribe> Meeting: SML weekly meeting June 28 2007
regrets from Brian, Sandy, MSM, Paul Lipton
resolution: June 21 minutes approved
Discussed handling of "upcoming scribes" list. List for each meeting will be placed in the agenda, so when the agenda is distributed everyone will know if their name is coming up so they can bone up on their scribing skills before the meeting. After the meeting, the scribe will update this list and place it at the end of the minutes so it can be copied into the next agenda.
resolution: minutes from the f2f meeting ( June 11-13) have been approved
Bassam: proposes to track all editorial actions in
... editors have decided to use bugzilla when working on a change
Marv: maybe the person who proposes a change should enter this action in bugzilla
plh: can the editors take the task of opening bugzilla for actions?
john: can Bassam close on this issue with Paul ?
<johnarwe> ACTION: Marvin to talk to Paul and decide on the right approach for opening bugzilla on actions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/28-sml-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-96 - Talk to Paul and decide on the right approach for opening bugzilla on actions [on Marvin Waschke - due 2007-07-05].
plh: review action http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2007Jun/0177.html
... review action http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/sml/actions/83 a proposal has been submitted here http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2007Jun/0177.html
bassam: two URI's with different users are considered to be the same ?
plh: not sure
bassam: if we say something about comparison then we
should consider user, port as well, not only fragment identifiers
... we should look at the usecases to decide on this
... if comparison is done on unresolved URI then this should be a string comparison
plp: I think this section requires more work to describe URI comparison
john: there is information about this in the document
bassam: there is a difference between resolved and parsed
plh: we really need some sample to understand what we want to achieve
bassam: in smlif any relative uri are using a base uri
defined at the document level
... historically the main reason for adding the base uri is to be able to have URI comparison
resolution: section 3.3.6 - first section is incorrect
<plh> ACTION: philippe to review this action 83 based on the current discussion and come up with a new proposal [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/28-sml-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-97 - Review this action 83 based on the current discussion and come up with a new proposal [on Philippe Le HÃ©garet - due 2007-07-05].
Resolution: close action 83
plh: propose to replace URI with IRI
... IRI is backward compatible with URI
bassam: is the IRI based comparison the same as for URI ?
plh: not sure
bassam: need to investigate IRI comparison
bassam: .Net seems to have IRI support in a newer version
plh: what about java ?
<plh> ACTION: Marvin to investigate IRI support in java [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/28-sml-minutes.html#action07]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-98 - Investigate IRI support in java [on Marvin Waschke - due 2007-07-05].
Sandy's sample is this : http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/06/xmlschema-1/structures.consent.20070309.html
agreed to do a simple xml diff on the draft versions and apply a stylesheet to create the highlights
<scribe> ACTION: Virginia to investigate how to run the xml diff for sumarizing draft changes [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/28-sml-minutes.html#action08]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-99 - Investigate how to run the xml diff for sumarizing draft changes [on Virginia Smith - due 2007-07-05].
resolution: close action 89
john: this is an editor action
Marv: will move this to bugzilla
resolution: Marv will move this to bugzilla
john: while we are reviewing bugzilla, one of the editor will update bugzilla at the same time
Ginny had volunteered to do that
don't need 4643 for the first draft
bug 4644 - not required for FPWD
<johnarwe> absent: milan
bug 4647 - not required for FPWD
bug 4651- required for FPWD
bug 4652 - not required for FPWD
bug 4655 - dup on 4811 - will be closed
bug 4656 - there are a couple of bugs related to this ( either dependent or different wording )
bug 4656 - should be done for FPWD
correction: 4656 will not be targeted but priority set to p1
4657 will not be targeted but priority set to p1
4658 - fix this in FPWD
4659 - already done by Bassam; it should be closed
4665 - not required for the FPWD
4666 - not required for FPWD
Ginny: not all defects are editor actions; people should go to bugzilla and work on bugzilla that are tracking workgroup actions
bassam: assumed that bugzilla is only for editorial actions; everything else is using the action system
plh: there are two tracking systems because we can't assign an action to editors
bassam: why not use only one system for tracking the
entire work; we can use bugzilla only and not the action system
... the only think we are missing by not using the action system is the integration with IRC
<johnarwe> bassam= bassam
Ginny: let's not use the action system for editorial actions
john: Paul cares about this and he is not here
... let's have a written proposal on this
... Marv will take this action
4673 - not required for FPWD
resume from 4675
Last Scribe Date Member Name Regrets pending 200y-mm-dd Lipton, Paul 7/5 200y-mm-dd Brian You 200y-mm-dd Milenkovic, Milan 2007-06-11 Waschke, Marvin 2007-06-12 Wilson, Kirk 2007-06-12 Tabbara, Bassam 2007-06-13 Smith, Virginia 2007-06-13 Eckert, Zulah 2007-06-13 Lynn, James 2007-06-21 Gao, Sandy 7/5 2007-06-28 Valentina Popescu all of July 200y-mm-dd Vijay Tewari through 8/20/2007 Exempt Arwe, John 7/24-8/15 Exempt Dublish, Pratul 6/27-7/25 Exempt MSM Exempt PH