Re: ACTION-93: suggest a resolution to IRI support

Futhermore on this subject. "Next version" doesn't mean Java 6. It
probably means Java 7.

Java 6 contains support for IDN, including the punycode algorithm. I
also notes that java.net.URI deviates from RFC2396 by encoding non-US
ASCII characters by using percent escape the UTF-8 character. This seems
to me compatible with the IRI RFC.

Philippe

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/net/URI.html