Re: What if Silver didn't have levels?

Dear all,

First-time caller, long-time listener here. I really like the idea that was developed early on of creating 'recipe cards', which broke out the objectives by type of role that created accessible content. I like that however as an evaluation to the standards. I think it's necessary in conjunction with that to have an assessment that is non-linear (a great book to read about that is Anti-fragile). By this, as technology changes, coding languages changes, it remains viable without having to make new additions. I think this is the direction we continue to find ourselves searching for, and I think its a great one.

In regards to that, and the idea of good, better, great (or the demerit system below), what if it was determined by a grid-based on user and end objective. For example disability types (which can be a finite list) vs actions in the example below, and the grade was simply: Barriers exist, No barriers exist, and multi-means of expressions exist. You could provide a 1-3 grade for each, and then end up with a total score allowing you to have the same concept of developing grades similar to the A, AA, AAA standards.  The 'recipe cards' would then be used as the means of evaluation.

Access Content
Interact with content
etc
Mobility

Vision

SLD

etc

The idea might be too simplified, but I thought I'd share. I think you all are doing great work! Thank you for all the hours you have put in.

Jason