Re: WCAG 2.2 acceptance criteria

Hi All,

To perhaps also put a finer distinction on it... W3C Process mandates two
independent implementations of whatever new technology is being proposed -
a testing activity we actually did last spring during CSUN for the 2.1
Success Criteria (where, for SC 1.3.6 @ AAA we actually used the
implementations that Lisa had pointed us to). Those implementations may or
may not also serve as a 'testing tool', but as the Silver discussion
continues, a repeatable testing methodology will need to surface for each
new requirement, whether that is via a tool (mechanical tests - see: ACT
TF), or via a 'cognitive walk-though' or similar methodology (a process
still to be fully defined in Silver).

At the end of the day, while it is true that our primary audience is and
will always be users with disabilities (of all stripes and forms), a second
important consideration is compliance requirements mandated by legislation.
To clear that hurdle, we will need to ensure that both implementers and
consumers have a baseline measurable & impartial (non-subjective) "test",
so that entities can then claim conformance based upon the outcome of said
test.

JF

--
*​John Foliot* | Principal Accessibility Strategist | W3C AC Representative
Deque Systems - Accessibility for Good