Re: POUR Principles in Silver

Hi Mark,

Quick reply on this one.

The current plan with the IA is to have a very flat level of initial guidance but with the ability to add “tags” to pieces of guidance / methods to enable them to be categorised. One of the categories that we can include in this is the POUR Principles. So they will be there…but the current plan isn’t to have them be as key to the overall guidance as they currently are in WCAG 2.1.

During research we found some issues with peoples understanding of WCAG due to the perceived complexity of the guidance so we are trying a different approach to see if it makes a difference. With all of this stuff, nothing is set in stone and we’re trying to be as malleable as possible so if this approach works…great! If not, then more than happy to look at alternatives that can be used.

Many Thanks

Mike

[University of Dundee shield logo]<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-home>

Dr Michael Crabb
Lecturer (Human Computer Interaction)
School of Science and Engineering, University of Dundee
+44 (0)1382 385491 | m.z.crabb@dundee.ac.uk<mailto:m.z.crabb@dundee.ac.uk>

[University of Dundee Facebook]<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-fb> [University of Dundee Twitter] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-tw>  [University of Dundee LinkedIn] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-li>  [University of Dundee YouTube] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-yt>  [University of Dundee Instagram] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-ig>  [University of Dundee Snapchat] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-sc>

One of the world's top 200 universities<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-strapline>
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018