Re: Costs of testing with Silver

I wonder if we can restart this conversation with a mission or goal in mind.

Instead of discussing cost of procurement, cost of testing, cost of remediation or any other associated cost generally associated with a business, can we acknowledge the cost to people without access?
Accessibility guidelines are a method to aid in ensuring people can access the web.

The entire and only two reasons that any public policy or legislation (anywhere in the world) has ever specifically cited the WCAG x.x is because it was the most comprehensive guidance currently available at the time the legislation was considered AND that guidance was published by the W3C as a recommendation which is considered a web standard.

The only reason that any said legislation cites a compliance or conformance requirement is because a strict and explicit conformance is part of WCAG.

Any new guidance that is also comprehensive and a recommendation (standard) would supersede the previous guidance when drafting any new policy or legislation. The only constant is change.

Supporting legislation and policy is not the purpose of accessibility guidelines. People are.

If starting from scratch, but using everything we have collectively learned from research and experience:

Can we create new guidelines that support (more) people and solve all (or most of) the problems that research revealed within the current guidelines?

Can we create a conformance model that is not strict and explicit to technical details, but is to human factors?

Can we do that while also considering the impact on (all) stakeholders?

Charles Hall // UX Architect, Technology

charles.hall@mrm-mccann.com<mailto:charles.hall@mrm-mccann.com?subject=Note%20From%20Signature>
w 248.203.8723
m 248.225.8179
360 W Maple Ave, Birmingham MI 48009
mrm-mccann.com<https://www.mrm-mccann.com/>

[MRM//McCann]
Relationship Is Our Middle Name

Ad Age B-to-B Agency of the Year, 2018
Ad Age Agency A-List 2016, 2017
Ad Age Creativity Innovators 2016, 2017
North American Agency of the Year, Cannes 2016
Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant, 2017, 2018