Re: Silver Requirements (high level draft)

Thanks Shawn. Sorry for the lateness of this reply.

The requirements document is clear and easy to read (a good match for
the design principles it describes).

I'd be tempted to reorder the content. Describing the principles before
the problem space seems counter-intuitive to me. Describing the problem
space, and then describing the proposed solution/design principles,
feels like a better narrative to me.

The language of the document focuses on people with disabilities in the
conventional/permanent sense (likely a legacy of the language used in
WCAG). I think this exclusive definition is too narrow for the next
generation of accessibility guidelines though, and suggest we
acknowledge that disability can be permanent, temporary, or situational,
and that any/all of these is relevant to accessibility in the UI.

I wonder if the document is misnamed? This is one of those philosophical
things that could put us in the bikeshed for all eternity, but I'll
suggest that it should be renamed "Design principles" instead.

Good work on this though. It's so good to see it starting to take shape.

Léonie

--
@LeonieWatson @tink@toot.cafe Carpe diem