Re: ShEx 2.0 Candidate Release

Hello!
ShEx looks interesting and seems to fill a gap in terms of defining constraints for RDF documents!

I have a quick question in terms of understanding the semantics and how they relate to existing RDF, apologies in advance if it’s a dumb question.

I’m basing this on the example in the Quick Start of the Primer.

There is inst:Student1. Where is it defined that inst:Student1 is to be validated against ex:Enrollee?

My understanding would be that it would have to be stated that inst:Student1 rdf:type ex:Enrollee.,
which implies that ex:Enrollee rdf:type rdfs:Class, shex:Shape. or even shex:Shape rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Class..

Does that make any sense or am I going in a wrong direction with my thinking?

Regards,

Lukas Rosenstock