Re: Visualization of domain and range

FWIW, we spent some time designing intuitive visualizations of OWL a
few years ago for our COE graphic tool. One conclusion was that it is
very confusing when OWL properties are sometimes seen as links and
sometimes seen as nodes, and that it is much better to keep the
graphic 'types' aligned consistently. So we represent domain and range
by a special arc graphic (bold dashed lines) running from the domain,
through the property arc, to the range. This way, the properties stay
as arc labels and the classes as node labels. The result is intuitive
(because people easily think of an OWL property as having a direction)
so very easy to learn; and once learned, very easy to see, even in
quite complex ontologies. Here's an example from the Wine ontology: