Re: 90 minutes with HCI researchers - what would you discuss?

Duane asked (in April):
> - What kinds of collaboration or communication [with HCI researchers] would interest you?

I think a small- or medium-scale R&D project focusing on developing and demonstrating an SW application will be a good idea. Workers in this project can include 3-4 SW researchers plus 1-2 HCI researchers/practitioners.

In my case, for a few projects developing a multimedia IR application, two parallel streams of

(1) Technology development/implementation and
(2) UI design for that particular technology

worked quite well.  By doing this, both our technology camp and UI camp got to know each others' interest well, and by the time the applications were complete, we were often eager to do another similar project, to leverage what we have learned by working together.

Hyowon

Dr Hyowon Lee
Post-doctoral researcher
Centre for Digital Video Processing